Some people believe climate change to be a myth or don’t take it serious. However, it is not. If we continue living the way we do, we will kill our planet in no time. Everyone needs to work together to reduce our carbon footprint and help rebuild the earth.
10 Ways to Help our Planet:
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away. Follow the three “R’s” to conserve natural resources and landfill space.
- Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community to reduce pollution.
- Educate. When you further your own education, you can help others understand the severity of climate change and teach them ways to help.
- Conserve water. The less water you use, the less runoff and wastewater that eventually end up in the ocean.
- Reduce meat consumption. The meat industry is the leading cause of greenhouse gas emissions and over-fishing is severely damaging ocean wildlife.
- Shop wisely. Buy reusable shopping bags and limit plastic use. Know where and how your purchases are produced, lean toward using products that are vegan and cruelty free.
- Use long-lasting light bulbs. Energy efficient light bulbs reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also turn off any lights when you’re done using them.
- Plant a tree. Trees provide food and oxygen. They help save energy, clean the air, and help combat climate change.
- Choose non-toxic chemicals in the home and office. This will help reduce chemicals from entering our waterways.
- Drive less. Walking, biking, and even public transportation are environmentally friendly alternatives to driving.